If you arrive by plane, you will probably arrive at one of the airports of Heraklion or Chania.
- Heraklion international airport “Nikos Kazantzakis”
+30 2810 344324
It is the biggest airport in Crete, located 82 km east of Rethymno and 5 km east of the center of Heraklion.
Public bus nr. 1, opposite the exit of the airport’s building, leaves every 15 min and it takes about 15 minutes to get to the center of Heraklion, or to the bus stop for Heraklion bus station. One ticket costs 1,20€ and can be bought from the kiosk outside the bus, or from the driver.
From Heraklion bus station, you can take another bus to Rethymno. A taxi to the bus station should cost about 7-10€ and would be a 10 minute ride. A taxi to Rethymno directly, would cost 80€ and a one hour ride.
Many car rental companies have offices in the airport. Leaving the airport by car, the road on the right, that is towards west, leads to Heraklion town, while the road straight ahead, that is towards south, by following the signs, leads to Rethymno.
- Chania international airport “Ioannis Daskalogiannis”
+30 28210 63366
Located in Akrotiri peninsula, is 72 km northwest of Rethymno and 14 km northeast of the center of Chania.
There are a few direct buses from the airport to Rethymno. It takes about 90 minutes to get to Rethymno and the ticket costs 7,30€. If the bus times from the airport directly to Rethymno are not convenient, there are more buses to Chania bus station. It takes about 20 minutes to get to Chania and the ticket costs 2,50€. From Chania bus station you can take another bus to Rethymno, at 6,80€ per person.
By taxi, it would take 20 minutes to get to Chania and would cost about 20€. To Rethymno directly, 80€ and a one hour ride.
Many car rental companies have offices in the airport. Leaving the airport by car, the signs show the way to Rethymno.
There are also direct transfers to Rethymno from Chania or Heraklion airports, that can be booked online, through Internet. For more information, please feel free to contact us.
- Rethymno port is located in the center of Rethymno, it connects Rethymno with the islands of Cyclades and it is 400m away, or 10 minutes walk from our rooms. Turn right when you exit the port and walk along the sea, to arrive to our rooms.
- Heraklion port is the biggest port in Crete and connects Crete with Athens, the islands of Cyclades and the Dosekanese islands. It is 10 minutes walk to Heraklion bus station, from where you can take a bus to Rethymno. A direct taxi to Rethymno would cost 80€ and it takes one hour. By car, it also takes one hour to arrive at Rethymno.
- Chania port is located at Souda bay, 9 km east of Chania and 54 km west of Rethymno. The port connects Chania with Athens and for the boats arriving there are buses waiting, to directly transfer passengers to Rethymno. The ticket costs 6,80€ and can be bought from inside the bus. The journey to Rethymno takes 55 minutes. A taxi can be found 50m away from the boat and would cost about 80€, taking about 40 minutes to arrive at Rethymno. By car, from the exit of the port turn left and at the next junction left again, to the highway which leads to Rethymno.
- Rethymno bus station: It is a 10 minutes walk to our rooms. Turn right towards the Fortress and on the first corner turn right again. Walking for about 7 minutes along I. Dimakopoulou str, you will meet Porta Guora (Megali Porta). Turn left and on the next corner turn right to Tompazi street. You will reach the cathedral, keep going straight along the cathedral and on the last corner turn left to get to Arkadiou str., where we are, at the opposite side of the street, at Nr. 159. A taxi from the bus station to our rooms would cost about 5€.
- Heraklion bus station: Buses to Rethymno run every hour. The ticket costs 8,30€ and it takes 90 minutes to arrive at Rethymno bus station.
- Chania bus station: Buses to Rethymno run every hour. The ticket costs 6,80€ and the journey to Rethymno bus station takes 60 minutes.
For more information about buses, bus timetables, ticket pricelists and online ticket reservation, please visit https://e-ktel.com/en/
When arriving at Rethymno by car from Heraklion, it would be more convenient to take the road by the sea, which leads directly to our rooms and our entrance by the sea at 45, Eleftheriou Venizelou str, which is the last part of the road by the sea, in between the two piers, leading to the Venetian port.
If you will be coming from Chania, when you meet the first corner of the municipal garden, turn left to I. Dimakopoulou str, continue straight along Gerakari str. for about 200m and then turn left to E. Makariou str. to find Ag. Stratioti sq, where in front of you, you will see the sea. At the corner of the road by the sea, turn left and after about 200m you will reach The Seafront Old Town.
If you will be coming from the south, when you will meet the first traffic lights, turn right to Moatsou street and on the fourth street on your left, turn left towards Ag. Stratioti sq. From the corner in front of the sea you turn left to arrive to our rooms and our entrance by the sea.
When you arrive with your car at our entrance by the sea, at 45, Eleftheriou Venizelou str., you can stop with your car there, with the stop lights on, just opposite our rooms. You can stop your car there, for a short time, but you cannot park. This way, you could leave your luggage in your room and you would not have to carry them later on foot. We would be able also to explain you, with more details, where it would be better to go to park for free.
From April until November, El. Venizelou street becomes pedestrian from 07.30pm until 01.00am, so that people can stroll at the waterfront. Therefore, during these hours, our rooms cannot be accessed by car. If your arrival will be after 07.30pm, you will have to go to park first and them come to our rooms on foot.
The old town of Rethymno has been declared a protected historical monument and a traditional settlement by The Ministry of Culture. Rethymno Municipality tries to preserve its old town pedestrian, respecting its historical and cultural heritage and the need of the people to enjoy their walks at its picturesque little streets carelessly and safely. Visitors of Rethymno who will have a car and choose to stay in the old town should know that parking is not allowed inside the histοric center, at all hours, except where there are private parking areas. For this reason, we are sorry, but there is no parking available by our property and our guests should park their cars about 400-800m away from our rooms, on streets or municipal parking areas where parking is allowed free of charge, or in private parking spaces on a small fee. You can usually ﬁnd a free parking place at the last corner of Fortezza, before the port, or in the streets next to the sea, near Iroon Polytehneiou sq.
For more information about parking, please feel free to contact us.